Message by Chairperson
Dr. Muniba Memon is currently working as a chairperson and Associate Professor in Computing department, FEST, Indus University (IU). Prior to her appointment at IU, She was working as an Assistant Professor, coordinator of research and E-learning units at the College of Computer Science and Information Systems, Najran University (NU) - Saudi Arabia. Dr. Memon has vast experience in teaching and research and has worked in different countries including IIUM - Malaysia, SDU - Denmark, QUEST - Pakistan, and NU – KSA.She has More than 40 papers/book chapters have been published in the area of Computer Science and Information Technology.She has research interests are Data analytic s, Social Network Analysis, Data Mining, Investigative Data Mining tools and techniques, Approximate String matching techniques, Text mining, Artificial Inteligence application, Security and authentication in Social Networks and peace building.
- Category: Chairperson, Department of Computing
Department of Computing
The vision behind the establishment of Department of Computing is to offer multitude of programs reflecting the current trends in computing and to produce graduates equipped with state of the art knowledge in respective disciplines to deal with future challenges and contribute to the society in rational & productive manner.
Our mission is multifold: creation of knowledge through research and development, dissemination of knowledge through teaching and scholarly pursuits, and to serve the society using innovative ideas and a constantly updated curriculum keeping in view the rapidly evolving world of technology.
Following are the key objectives of Department of Computing
- To provide excellent learning environment for the students with quality instructional delivery system and advanced equipment’s and labs to enable them to be the catalyst to lead the future society towards cutting edge technology.
- To provide a level of quality education based on which the students can serve society through excellence in research and development.
- To educate and groom students so that they can play Vitol role for the betterment of the society.
- To educate and train the students so that they can play a leading and transformational role in the industry and academia in future.
- To prepare employable professionals with multifaceted skills to excel in dynamic environment.
- To demonstrate excellence in respective disciplines of computing, individually and as a team.
- To create knowledge segments via research having worthwhile applications to serve the society by solving real issues and contribute towards raising the overall standards.
|01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Dr. Muniba Memon||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||Prof. Dr. Syed Zafar Nasir (CS Program Head)||03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||Dr. Zahoor Hussein (Department of Computing)
Ms. Laraib Siddiqui (SE Program Coordinator)
Mr. Ali Raza Rang (CS Program Coordinator)
Mr. Owais Anwar (Humanities-Islamic studies & Pak Studies)
Mr. Kamran (Humanities – English)
|04||Expert(s), other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Abdul Ghafoor Memon (CS), (Sindh University, Jamshoro)
Dr. Yaqoob Koondhar (CS), (Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam)
|05||Invited Members||Prof. Dr. Engr. Hyder Abbas Musavi
Dr. Engr. Zahid Ali Arain
Dr. Engr. Ahmed Muddassir
Dr. Sufyan Member
Prof. Dr. Taj M. Baloch
Prof. Dr. Engr. Noorullah Soomro