Message by the Chairperson
I would like to extend you a warm welcome on behalf of the faculty, staff and students of the Indus University, Department of Computing, Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FCIT). It is my pleasure to serve as Chairperson of Computing Department. Computer science, as a field, is in a period of remarkable change and growth. We are in an era in which computing touches all aspects of our lives. We are surrounded by smart, networked devices in the Internet of Things. Automation is revolutionizing transport and manufacturing. Data science is revolutionizing health care and, social media has a growing influence on global politics. The discipline must also reach out and embrace issues of social justice, accountability, and ethics that arise in human machine interactions. The Department of Computing has and will continue to evolve rapidly to be a thought leader in this emerging landscape. We offer highly qualified faculty and contemporary computing laboratories. Our graduates are highly recruited with excellent placement by educational and research institutions, government sector and private industry. Moreover,the Department of Computing at Indus University aims at providing a cherished learning experience to its students under the umbrella of encouraging and visionary management. The hallmark of the department is its highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty. The Department offers BS Computer Science and BS Software Engineering at undergraduate level and MS/PhD Computer Science at graduate level.
- Category: Chairperson, Department of Computing
Department of Computing
The vision behind the establishment of Department of Computing is to offer multitude of programs reflecting the current trends in computing and to produce graduates equipped with state of the art knowledge in respective disciplines to deal with future challenges and contribute to the society in rational & productive manner.
Our mission is multifold: creation of knowledge through research and development, dissemination of knowledge through teaching and scholarly pursuits, and to serve the society using innovative ideas and a constantly updated curriculum keeping in view the rapidly evolving world of technology.
Following are the key objectives of Department of Computing
- To provide excellent learning environment for the students with quality instructional delivery system and advanced equipment’s and labs to enable them to be the catalyst to lead the future society towards cutting edge technology.
- To provide a level of quality education based on which the students can serve society through excellence in research and development.
- To educate and groom students so that they can play Vitol role for the betterment of the society.
- To educate and train the students so that they can play a leading and transformational role in the industry and academia in future.
- To prepare employable professionals with multifaceted skills to excel in dynamic environment.
- To demonstrate excellence in respective disciplines of computing, individually and as a team.
- To create knowledge segments via research having worthwhile applications to serve the society by solving real issues and contribute towards raising the overall standards.
|01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Dr. Zahoor Hussain Shah||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||Dr. Zahoor Hussain Shah||03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||Dr. Zahoor Hussein (Department of Computing)
Ms. Misbah Anwer (SE Program Coordinator)
Mr. Mukesh Malani (CS Program Coordinator)
Mr. Owais Anwar (Humanities-Islamic studies & Pak Studies)
Mr. Kamran (Humanities – English)
|04||Expert(s), other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Abdul Ghafoor Memon (CS), (Sindh University, Jamshoro)
Dr. Yaqoob Koondhar (CS), (Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam)
|05||Invited Members||Prof. Dr. Engr. Hyder Abbas Musavi
Dr. Engr. Zahid Ali Arain
Dr. Engr. Ahmed Muddassir
Prof. Dr. Taj M. Baloch
Prof. Dr. Engr. Noorullah Soomro