Message by the Chairperson
A very warm welcome to all our students to The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, The Indus University , Karachi.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Professional Degree program at our esteemed University is surely Its going to let you pursue your professional degree with great dignity and best facilities on board.
The DPT program will help you become a great clinician and an independent consultant Physical Therapist to practice as a professional.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences has an excellent infrastructure with fully motivated faculty on board.
Our strength is to learn through innovation and latest technology.
Wishing all of my students a wonderful campus life ahead leading you in your profession with Zeal and zest, not only as a Physical Therapist also as an empathetic and responsible human in person!
- Category: Chairperson, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
We aspire to be amongst most distinguished academic and research center in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation nationally and internationally through team work, excellence, diversity, integrity, innovation and ethics.
The department of Physical Therapy is committed to prepare students as tomorrow leader and best clinicians in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation through excellent education, advanced clinical training and research.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly clinician by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking and inquiry, particularly focused on the improvement of the practice of physical therapy and the delivery of health care.
- Engage in reflective practice through sound clinical decision making, critical self-assessment and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate mastery of entry level professional clinical skills. Provision of these services is based on the best available evidence and includes physical therapy examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, prevention activities, wellness initiatives and appropriate health care utilization.
- Prepared to influence the development of human health care regulations and policies that are consistent with the needs of the patient and of the society.
|01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Dr. Okasha Anjum (PT)||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||
Dr.Okasha Anjum (PT)
|04||Expert(s), other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||
Director Academics Mr Ayaz Panhwar
|05||Invited Members (Out Campus)||
Dr. Talha Yonus Khan (PT)
Dr. Muhammad Faizan (PT) Senior lecturer and coordinator College of Physical Therapy JPMC