Message by the Chairperson
I would like to express my gratitude and sincere appreciation for your interest and welcome you all at Faculty of Art & Design. Design Education requires a deep and integral understanding of Art & Designs moreover the design faculties provide students with an experience and a framework that approximates a revival education. The Department of Design at Indus University has a dynamic and contemporary education program and the structure helps the students to build up knowledge, skills and attitudes that will give them a wide perspective of world and equipped with the awareness of social and professional ethics. Our department stands out with its young, dynamic and expert staff capable of integrating theoretical work with daily practice in terms of Design Programs.
- Category: Chairperson, Department of Design
Department of Design
Our vision is to be one of the finest and premier institutions in the sphere of Art and Design. We are committed to transform students to be creative and dynamic professionals. We offer excellence in design education and committed in producing conceptual thinkers and attract highly creative and efficient students, faculty, staff and board members.
The mission of the Department of Design is to provide aspiring artists, designers and art historians with professional training and also prepare students for further study and careers in art history, graphic design, art education, Illustration, painting/drawing, printmaking, photography, media studies & related fields. Moreover, our mission is to provide excellence in education, preparing leaders for diverse, highly technological, information based global society; to engage in research and creative activities that generate new knowledge and applications for effective practice and also to meet the complex information needs of society through public and professional service.
Following are the key objectives of Department of Design
- Design and provide vibrant degree programs.
- Facilitate student involvement in events, internships, competitions and exhibitions.
- Prepare students to present their work and intellectual achievements.
- Prepare students for related employment and advances schooling.
- Expose students, faculty and community to the visual arts.
- Provide General Education in art & design.
- Encourage professional work by faculty members and provide opportunity for students and others to experience it.
- Cultivate professional and creative futuristic skills.
- Develop innovative abilities and skills to solve problems in academia, society and professional world
- Build strong understanding & execution of research projects.
- Develop active liaison with professionals in industry.
|01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Sanam Gul||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||Acting Dean||03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||Mr. Satia Anand
Mr. Imtiaz Hussain
Ms. Anadil Ali
Ms. Kanwal Bashir
|04||Two experts, other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||Mr. Mohsin Rizvi (Film Maker & Professor at Iqra University Media Science Department)
Ms. Huma Majid (Senior Textile Designer at Sana Safinas)
Ms. Subhan Rashdi (Senior Fashion Designer at Ayesha Hashwani)
Ms. Faryal Sikandar (Senior Architecture & Professor at Dow University)