Introduction to Faculty of Communication & Design, Indus University
Media Studies & Design Development subjects are fundamental in modern society and their study lead to exciting and diverse opportunities in worldwide industry, where professionals involve at every step – from first idea and conception to production and retail. That makes industry full of interesting and imaginative careers in Designing, Styling, Printing, Film Making, advertisement and interactive media.
Our Department offers a strong foundation in traditional and modern approaches to the field. The programs are developed to be an exciting and challenging experience for our students and provide original and inspired learning environment with the objective of creating dynamic and talented graduates prepared to build up a career path in their respective field.
We provide a range of facilities including professional, well-equipped studious for weaving, sewing, draping, printing & media.
Our vision is to be one of the finest and premier institutions in the sphere of Media Studies & Design. We are committed to fostering a comprehensive multi-disciplinary environment for research and practice. We are adamant about offering the elite system for fresh minds and assisting them to be the best of themselves in the four years journey in our institution and beyond.
The mission of the Faculty of Communication & Design is to polish aspiring artists, designers, and art historians with professional training and also prepare students for further study and careers in Art History, Graphic Design, Art Education, Fashion Designing, Printmaking, Interior Designing, media studies & related fields. Moreover, the utmost priority is to prepare the students according to the current industry demands, by delivering them with updated course context. Furthermore, our mission is to engage both traditional and emerging forms and embrace technology and the sensory nature of art-making, research, and creative activities that generate new knowledge and applications for effective practice.
• Enhance and articulate the mission and purpose of the Faculty of Communication & Design to strengthen awareness of the distinctive character of its programs.
• Collaborate with industries and help students to link what they study with real-life situations, to make their learning stronger.
• To make them a question and develop curiosity and thereby gain knowledge.
• Develop/Expand/Implement innovative undergraduate and graduate programs that involve students in creative problem-solving and academic excellence to graduate artists, designers, and scholars who are engaged in the changing roles of art and design in the world.
• Provide a platform for their creative thinking.
• Develop and sustain collaborative initiatives and encourage creative relationships among art students and professionals that lead to new knowledge and learning opportunities.
• Aid in developing their leadership abilities through Seminars and Conferences.
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for supporting creative activity and research.
• Foster an understanding of the role of art as a generative agent within society to prepare individual students to be engaged, critical, and productive citizens.
• Construct a technology-rich arts center with flexible, state-of-the-art spaces that will allow for traditional and innovative performances.
|S.N||Name||Designation||01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Ms. Sana Gul (Chairperson Media Studies & Design Department)||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||Dr. Sobia Usman (Assistant Professor/Acting Dean FCD)
Dr. Usman Farooq (Assistant Professor)
|03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||Mr. Satia Anand
Mr. Imtiaz Hussain
Mr. Saad Majeed
Ms. Zubi Ishtiaq
Ms. Kanwal Bashir
Ms. Sana Campwala
Mr. Faisal Fazal
Ms. Samiah Sarkar
|04||Two experts, other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||Dr. Badar Soomro
Associate Professor Sindh University
Dr. Muhammad Ramzan Pahore
Assistant Professor Sindh University
Ms. Yusra Kudvavi
Fashion & Textile Design expert
Ms. Bushra Danish
Architecture/Interior Design expert