Message by the Chairperson
I would like to extend you a warm welcome on behalf of the faculty, staff and students of the Indus University, Department of Computing, Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FCIT). It is my pleasure to serve as Chairperson of Computing Department. We are living in an era where computing touches all aspects of our lives. We are surrounded by smart networked devices, Internet of Things and digital automation. Which revolutionizing the transport and manufacturing industry while data science revolutionizing the health care services and at the other hand social media has a growing influence on global politics. The computing discipline must also reach out and embrace issues of social justice, accountability and ethics that arise in human machine interactions.
The Department of Computing in Indus University has been evolve rapidly and will continue to produce the visionary leader in this emerging landscape. We offer highly qualified faculty and contemporary computing laboratories. Our graduates are highly recruited with excellent placement by educational and research institutions, government and private sector industry. Moreover, the Department of Computing at Indus University aims at providing a cherished learning experience to its students under the umbrella of encouraging and visionary management. The hallmark of the department is its highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty. The Department offers BS Computer Science and BS Software Engineering at undergraduate level and MS/PhD Computer Science at graduate level.
- Category: Chairperson, Department of Computing
Department of Computing
The vision behind the establishment of Department of Computing is to offer multitude of programs reflecting the current trends in computing and to produce graduates equipped with state of the art knowledge in respective disciplines to deal with future challenges and contribute to the society in rational & productive manner.
Our mission is multifold: creation of knowledge through research and development, dissemination of knowledge through teaching and scholarly pursuits, and to serve the society using innovative ideas and a constantly updated curriculum keeping in view the rapidly evolving world of technology.
Following are the key objectives of Department of Computing
- To provide excellent learning environment for the students with quality instructional delivery system and advanced equipment’s and labs to enable them to be the catalyst to lead the future society towards cutting edge technology.
- To provide a level of quality education based on which the students can serve society through excellence in research and development.
- To educate and groom students so that they can play Vitol role for the betterment of the society.
- To educate and train the students so that they can play a leading and transformational role in the industry and academia in future.
- To prepare employable professionals with multifaceted skills to excel in dynamic environment.
- To demonstrate excellence in respective disciplines of computing, individually and as a team.
- To create knowledge segments via research having worthwhile applications to serve the society by solving real issues and contribute towards raising the overall standards.
|S.N||Member||Name||01||Chairperson of the teaching departments concerned||Dr. Zahoor Hussain Shah||02||All Professors and Associate Professors in the Teaching Department Concerned||Dr. Zahoor Hussain Shah||03||University Teachers, other than Professor or Associated Professor, to be appointed by the Academic Council||Dr. Zahoor Hussein (Department of Computing)
Mr. Ghulam Hussain (SE Program Coordinator)
Mr. Mukesh Malani (CS Program Coordinator)
Mr. Owais Anwar (Humanities-Islamic studies & Pak Studies)
Mr. Kamran (Humanities – English)
|04||Expert(s), other than University Teachers to be appointed by the Vice Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Shahzad Ahmed Memon (Sindh University, Jamshoro)
Dr. Muhammad Rafi (National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Karachi)
|05||Invited Members||Dr. Engr. Zahid Ali Arain
Prof. Dr. Engr. Ahmed Muddassir
Prof. Dr. Engr. Taj M. Baloch
- Tricone E-library
- Smart Cardio System (SCS)
- Sentiment Analysis and Text Mining System for Textual
- AI Simulator
- Smart Assistant for disables
- Smart Bike lock
- IOT based industrial transportation services
- Smart Health Bot
- speaker recognition and obstacles avoiding robot
- On-Road Assistance
- Advanced Academics/Schooling community
- Cam surveillance alert
- Farming region evaluator
- Find missing person using Face Recognition
- IU Smart Mess
- IOT Based Smoke Detection
- AI Pattern Designer
- Smart Shopping Using Augmented Reality
- Voice Detection From Atmosphere
- Virtua Base Pharmabay
- Restaurant Automation System (Ras)
- Lifeline DR Finder
- Digitalized Dental Management System
- Interactive online shopping
- Multimedia player based AI
- Violence Detection System
- Object Detection Smart Stick
- Generator Monitoring System
- Smart Vehicle Assistant
- Traffic Analysis
- Context Centric Detection System
- Cursor Movement with Hand Gesture
- The Coat Exchange
- Enhanced Automated Rescue System
- Mobility accestive device for Paralyzed Patient
- Smart Irrigation System
- Wireless Gesture
- Smart Car Parking System
- Robot Invention basis of AI
- Super Mart
- Chauffer Distraction and in-attention recognition
- Parking Port
- Smart Surveillance System Based on Real-time Identification
- Interactive Virtual Tour of national stadium
- Development of auto-Failover…in TCP/IP suit
HEC Funded Projects
|S.NO||FYP Code||Project Title||FYP Expense Applied||NG(ICT)RI||Supervisor & Co-Supervisor|
|01||NGIRI 2021 6610||Infinity Security System||50407||Certified for funded project||Ayesha Arshad, Faiza Shabbir||02||NGIRI 2021 8187||Smart SOs surveillance system using deep neural networks||62380||Certified for funded project||Shagufta Aftab, Shad Muhammad||03||NGIRI 2021 8428||Weapon Detection system||62406||Certified for funded project||Muhammad umer mehmood, Adrish pirzado||04||NGIRI 2021 7154||Autonomous serving system||79000||Certified for funded project||Ayesha Arshad, Muhammad Ahsan||05||NGIRI 2021 7658||Smart heat stroke detection system by using Iot||38540||Certified for funded project||Shagufta Aftab, Faiza Sabir||06||NGIRI 2021 8178||Classification on of COVID by X RAys Images||60100||Certified for funded project||Ghulam hussain solangi, Syeda sabika raza||07||NGIRI 2021 9985||Coal mining parameter monitoring system||66400||Certified for funded project||Umme Kulsoom, Adrish pirzado||08||NGIRI 2021 9985||Coal mining parameter monitoring system||43200||Certified for funded project||Hassan Saad ahmed||09||NGIRI 2021 8720||Timetable scheduling system based in iot||31080||Certified for funded project||Umer Mehmood, Sadaqat Hussain||10||NGIRI 2021 8719||Hologram based visualizer||36100||Certified for funded project||Ghulam Hussain, Adrish pirzado||11||NGIRI 2021 8814||Voice control smart wheel chair||45857||Certified for funded project||ghulam Hussain, Adrish pirzado||12||NGIRI 2021 9774||Gesture control robotic arm||46210||Certified for funded project||Shagufta Aftab, Ahsan qadeer||13||NGIRI 2021 7078||Gesture control robotic arm||39720||Certified for funded project||Maaz Ahmed, Saad ahmed||14||NGIRI 2021 7918||IOT based smart meter witg dynamic power load management||54410||Certified for funded project||Dr Zahoor hussain shah, Syeda sabika raza||15||NGIRI 2021 8420||Smart bike automated meter||67860||Certified for funded project||Hassan, saad ahmed||16||NGIRI 2021 9973||Voice recognition based smart blind stick||42950||Certified for funded project||Sadaqat, sabika raza||17||NGIRI 2021 8606||Ecommerce furnuture app based on augmeneted reality||80000||Certified for funded project||shagufta aftab, Syeda sabika raza||18||NGIRI 2021 8607||AR indoor navigation system||77100||Certified for funded project||shagufta aftab, Syeda sabika raza||19||NGIRI 2021 8068||IOT based air pollution meter||10750||Certified for funded project||shagufta aftab, Kazim raza||20||NGIRI 2021 7898||Plant disease recognition using raspberry pi python AI||43001||Certified for funded project||shagufta aftab, Kazim raza||21||NGIRI 2021 7742||Self sensor automation||28350||Certified for funded project||shagufta aftab, Muhammad ahsan qadeer||22||NGIRI 2021 7922||AI based game engine||44500||Shad mohammad, Sabika||shagufta aftab, Muhammad ahsan qadeer||23||NGIRI 2021 8433||Network Monitoring System||65600||Shad mohammad, Sabika||Sadaf un Nisa, Erum Shaheen|
|01||MOBILITY ASSISTIVE DEVICE FOR PARALYZED PATIENTS||02||SMART FARMING USING PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS||03||CONTEXT CENTRIC DETECTION SYSTEM FOR SMART ROOM||04||IOT BASED BOOKING AND TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GOODS TRANSPORT INDUSTRY WITH AUTOMATIC WEIGHT MEASURING FEATURE||05||GSM BASED SMART CARDIO SYSTEM FOR HEALTH CARE||06||SENTIMENT ANALYSIS AND TEXT MINING SYSTEM FOR TEXTUAL DATA||07||WIRELESS GESTURE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM||08||SMART BIKE LOCK||09||VOICE CONTROL SMART ASSISTANCE FOR DISABLES||10||SMART SHOPPING USING AUGMENTED REALITY||11||CSMOKING DETECTION BASED ON IOT|
|01||UNDER SURFACE OBJECT DETECTION SMART ROBOT BASED ON GSM COMMUNICATION (UODSRS)||02||SMART SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM BASED ON REAL-TIME IDENTIFICATION (SSSBRI)||03||CHAUFFEUR'S DISTRACTION AND INATTENTION RECOGNITION|